DreamStation BiPAP Pro with Humidifier
The DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine from Philips Respironics monitors breathing patterns to detect early signs of an event. Advanced features such as SmartRamp and EZ-Start are incorporated into the design to adjust the user to the prescribed pressure at the on-set of therapy. Humidification is used to comfort the user by pulling moisture from the water chamber to create heated air during therapy. For results, connect the machine's Bluetooth to a personalized DreamMapper app account. DreamMapper is available on Apple products with iOS 6 or newer as well as Android products 2.2 or newer (Apple and Android products not included).
- OPTIONAL Heated Humidifier
- Bluetooth Connection to DreamMapper App
- EZ-Start Technology
- Bi-Flex Pressure Relief
- Ramp and SmartRamp
- Advanced Event Detection
- LCD On-Screen Display
- Convenience Features
- Philips Respironics Dry Box
- System One Resistance Control
- Detailed 'Setup Menu' Options
OPTIONAL Heated Humidifier
Respironics' DreamStation Heated Humidifier is a OPTIONAL addition to CPAP therapy. Integrate the machine and humidifier to help relieve dryness and congestion. With the unique 'Preheat' feature, the humidifier can begin warming the water chamber 30 minutes before the intended use. Ensure the blower is turned OFF and the humidifier is connected before selecting to preheat the device.
The DreamStation device has the flexibility to be updated while in operation. Use the control dial to change the tube temperature or humidification settings. Please Note: The screen does not have touch screen capabilities.
Bluetooth Connection to DreamMapper App
The DreamStation CPAP has a built-in bluetooth connection which allows the device to pair directly with the Philips Respironics DreamMapper mobile and web-based program. Enable the bluetooth feature and download the SleepMapper app onto a smartphone or tablet (not included) to begin reviewing detailed sleep results. The free app gives the user the opportunity to personalize the data tracking account. Please Note: The results are only available on one device at a time.
The EZ-Start feature is designed to reduce the user's prescribed pressure setting during the first 30 days of operation. The intent is to adjust the user to the pressure by beginning with half of the prescribed pressure. Please Note: A minimum pressure of 5cm H2O is required to use the EZ-Start feature.
After obtaining a successful session of 4 or more hours of sleep, EZ-Start will gradually increase the pressure by 1cm H2O. This process will continue for 30 days until the user reaches their recommended pressure. If the goal is not met before the first 30 days, EZ-Start is designed to begin increasing 1cm H2O per day until reaching the prescribed pressure. At the prescribed pressure, the machine will move into normal CPAP mode. To enable or disable EZ-Start, the machine must be in CPAP mode.
Bi-Flex Pressure Relief
Bi-Flex is a pressure relief feature used to create a more natural breathing pattern during CPAP therapy. The DreamStation BiPAP Pro uses Flex Technology to provide relief during three points in the breathing cycle. Pressure is reduced by 0.5 increments during the transition from exhalation to inhalation, inhalation to exhalation, and during exhalation. The Bi-Flex setting can be adjusted up to 1.5 cm H2O for maximum comfort.
Ramp and SmartRamp
Ramp and SmartRamp are both designed to gradually adjust the user to CPAP therapy. Though the Ramp features are similar, there are a few differences between the two options.
- Ramp is intended to gently increase CPAP pressure from half of the prescribed pressure to the full pressure within a chosen period of time. To operate the Ramp feature, a CPAP pressure of 4cm H2O is required. Then, choose a time ranging from 5 minutes to 45 minutes to allow the machine to build the pressure in increments of 0.5cm H2O before reaching the prescribed pressure.
- In BiPAP mode, SmartRamp uses an Auto algorithm to balance lower inhalation and exhalation pressures. The device begins the Ramp process with a reduced exhalation pressure. Changes to the pressure are made on a breath by breath basis, until an event is detected. Once the BiPAP Pro detects an event, the machine will return to the BiPAP mode in order to deliver the recommended EPAP and IPAP. If the minimum prescribed pressure is not reached before Ramp is complete, the pressure will increase by 1 cm H2O each minute until the device reaches the recommended pressure.